Apple Kayak & Surf Club forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Apple Kayak & Surf Club forum

Forum for Apple Kayak and Surf Club

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Training Programme for Snorkel Club

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Don

Don

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Training Programme for Snorkel Club Empty
PostSubject: Training Programme for Snorkel Club   Training Programme for Snorkel Club Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 8:21 am

Hi There,

My name is Don McCarthy working in iPod IQ and I'm a Dive Instructor with Comhairle Fó-Thuinn (CFT) which is the Irish Underwater Council. CFT is the national governing body for underwater sports in Ireland.

The training programmes proposed includes the following:
Fitness Test: 100m swim. 25m Swim on back; 20 second breath hold within 5 mins of completing swim.
Lectures on equipment, technique, marine life, physiology, physics and hand signals. Multiple choice exam will be given afterwards.
Two pool sessions learning techniques like: Entries; Technique; Surface Dives; Mask Clearing; Forward and Backward Rolls; Ditch and Recovery; 25m underwater swim; 25 swim with mask on forehead breathing through snorkel; 50m tow. Pool test will be given after the training.
5 open water snorkels of minimum 30 minutes duration.

I hope to do the training in the NMCI pool in Ringaskiddy which is 2.5m and 5m deep. We'll try and get S&S to cover pool costs. This is a cold pool so wet suits will be needed for the training. The kayak club can loan us a few suits if they are not using it that night. It would be recommended that everyone have their own suit and equipment.

When will the training happen:
We need to setup the club. Become affiliated to CFT and register members who are interested in joining.
We hope to kick off the training in July and have it completed within 4 weeks. Lectures can be done earlier than this.

Costs:
CFT affiliation fees and insurance: €50 per year. (€20 for students)
Snorkel Certs are €2 each.
Logbook: €5 or €10.

We hope to get these costs subsidised by S&S.

Are you interested in completing the training in July:
If you are interested then please reply to me with the following details (Needed by CFT)
Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:
Preferred email:
Dates that you can make training in July/August time frame.

Then we need you to pay the affiliation fee to us so we can pay CFT and register you. Once we pay CFT this money in non-refundable.

Cheers, Don.
Back to top Go down

Training Programme for Snorkel Club
Page 1 of 1