Apple Kayak & Surf Club forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Apple Kayak & Surf Club forum

Forum for Apple Kayak and Surf Club

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Training Schedule and shops for snorkel gear

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Don

Don

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-05-28

Training Schedule and shops for snorkel gear Empty
PostSubject: Training Schedule and shops for snorkel gear   Training Schedule and shops for snorkel gear Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:17 am

Hi There,

I've had a few questions on the schedule for training as a few people are on different work shifts. This is the current training plan for the Apple Snorkel Club:

Lectures:
Tuesday July 3. 6pm to 9pm. (Does anyone have a meeting room we could use? Preferably with a projector.)
(We can organise catchup lectures for people if they are working that evening)

Pool Training: NMCI Pool in Ringaskiddy
Thursday 5 July. 7pm to 8pm
Thursday 12 July: 7pm to 8pm

I can't get a later time as the NMCI closes early during the summer so these will have to do.

Open Water Training:
After we do the pool training we can agree a date for these. I feel a Thursday evening may be suitable.

Car Pooling: Not everyone has transport so we'll need to determine who needs a lift down to the NMCI. We can discuss this on Tuesday July 3.

Equipment Needed for training:
Fins (Divers call them fins but they are probably better known as flippers)
Booties / Socks (Depending on what fin you purchased)
Wetsuit / Semidry suit
Mask
Snorkel
Knife (Just in case you get snagged in ropes etc..)

Optional:
Weightbelt with 4kgs of weight (needed for people with Semi Dry suits)

Wet Suits: 3mm suits for surfing will do for summer snorkelling. IPeople were saying the wet suits in Lidl were good value.

Shops: (Don't forget to ask for an Apple Discount. You never know...)
-Tubes do 3mm surfing suits. I got one for €90. Simon purchased them for members for €70. They sell for €110.
-Munster Dive and canoe (www.mdac.ie) have a range of semi dry suits and snorkelling equipment. It would be worth going in to the store and see what special offers they have.
-Southern Dive Centre in Mayfield also do diving gear and may have a range of suits. (021 4550700)
-Look out for specials in Lidl and Aldi.

Online: There's good value to be got online. One site I use is (www.scubastore.com)

Cheers, Don.
Back to top Go down

Training Schedule and shops for snorkel gear
Page 1 of 1